Assistant Restaurant Manager
Position Description: Manage all aspects of restaurant service including those performed by servers, server assistants, and bartender. Adhere to operating policies and procedures pertaining to restaurant service and direct the work of service staff according to these policies and procedures. Constantly monitor and improve the quality of The Club’s products and services and ensure optimum member and guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Interview, hire, train and motivate restaurant servers, server assistants, hostesses, and bartenders.
• Direct food service employees, flow of service, and overall atmosphere during shift.
• Attend weekly staff and other related meetings. Lead shift meeting/line up prior to service.
• Engage in daily inspections of the restaurant to ensure proper setup and cleanliness that follow DHEC standards.
• Adjust sound, light and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate atmosphere.
• Respond in a timely and professional manner to all guest complaints that may arise.
• Continuously seek ways to improve our service and products to our members.
• Create and nurture synergy among service employees as well as between front and back of the house operations.
• Order supplies.
• Keep POS updated with daily specials, price changes, current products and ensure that staff is informed of information.
• Balance shift transactions according to POS reports.
• Conduct opening and closing procedures for the restaurant and prepare it for service.
• Supervise staff appearance, service quality, handling of restaurant equipment and products.
• Process, complete and record daily production reports of sales for each employee.
• Manage reservation procedures for reservation details or guest special requests.
• Maintain predetermined policies and procedures in areas which effect food & beverage.
• Responsible and accountable for achieving service and quality levels set forth and within budget.
• Monitor, enforce and assure accurate changes and methods of charging of all food & beverage.
• Record guest and member comments on quality log sheet and review with kitchen manager on duty at end of shift.
• Responsible for the safety, cleanliness and general appearance of the kitchen, dining rooms and manager/supervisor office.
• Complete any other projects or tasks as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager
• Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business; hotel, restaurant and tourism, or similar course of study is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years restaurant experience is required. Specific skills needed to satisfy the job include: supervisory skills, leadership, communications (oral & written), organizational, planning, computer knowledge and a motivated work ethic. Candidate must possess an extensive knowledge of food, wine and spirits. Prior experience with JONAS and Microsoft Office preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for the successful operation of each restaurant shift worked, as it pertains to restaurant service.
Equipment To Be Used: Automobiles, golf carts, computers, kitchen equipment, service equipment, hand carts, ladders, cleaning equipment, etc.
Typical Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 50 pounds.. This position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to function professionally in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time and the ability to work in extreme temperatures during long shifts.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.