Position Description: The Banquet Captain is responsible for the supervision of staff, operations, and guests of banquet experiences at Seabrook Island Club. Reports to the Banquet management team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assisting managers and organizers with planning the layout and logistics of events.
• Setting up and managing staff shifts
• Developing and providing staff with the necessary training, including customer service and serving etiquette.
• Managing the setup of events.
• Running the floor and coordinating the food and drink service by liaising with the culinary and service staff.
• Welcoming guests upon their arrival and assisting them with their seating arrangements.
• Tending to guests’ requests, questions, and complaints.
• Monitoring the inventory of supplies, equipment, and furniture.
• Ensuring that the venue and facilities remain neat and clean.
• Ensuring that all applicable safety regulations are communicated and adhered to.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the manager.
• Promote the Seabrook Island Club’s mission to offer elevated service. Adhere to the Core Values and standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years of previous experience as a Banquet Captain or Supervisor or a similar position. Must have excellent leadership abilities and the ability to manage many staff members. Great time management and multitasking abilities. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. The ability to provide an excellent level of customer service, even in stressful situations.
Skills: Ability to lift heavy objects in excess of 30lbs. Confident and safe driving skills in a full size passenger van. Excellent customer service skills and communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team and associate well with others.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises the Banquet Servers and Housemen
Equipment to be used: food serving equipment, dollies, carts, audio visual equipment, LCD/computer hook up, staging, sound systems and other equipment as needed.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to walk, stand, bend, push, pull, kneel, reach, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to endure extreme outdoor temperatures.Apply Online Download Application