Position Description: Perform banquet services and set-up for meetings, weddings and member events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making. Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
- Carry out the duties of banquet room setup, which includes lifting and moving tables and chairs, staging sections, dance floor and other various banquet room items that may exceed 30lbs.
- Set up basic audio visual equipment (flip charts, LCD, sound systems, etc.).
- Preparation and setup of coffee break stations for meetings.
- Tear down and clean up of rooms and event space.
- Organize, clean and maintain the banquet storage areas.
- Assist the banquet and event department with any needs during a meeting, wedding or member function.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: HS Diploma
Experience: None required
Skills: Ability to lift heavy objects in excess of 30lbs. Excellent customer service skills and communication skills. Ability to work safely alone or as part of a team and associate well with others.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: dollies, carts, audio visual equipment, LCD/computer hook up, staging, sound systems and other equipment as needed.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to walk, stand, bend, push, pull, kneel, reach, lift, remain on your feet for long periods of time and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in extreme temperatures during long shifts. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's only Truly Private Ocean Front Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only.
The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.