This position is responsible for providing beverage service to bar guests and fulfilling orders from service staff, for maintaining bar standards of cleanliness and achieving member and guest satisfaction in line with established standards of service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Have an understanding of mixology, classic cocktails, and appropriate techniques, as well as a basic understanding of draft beer and soda systems, and moderate wine knowledge.
- Assure proper par levels on all beer, liquor, and wine according to the established par. Note any discrepancies and verbally notify manager/supervisor at the beginning of shift.
- Daily restocking of all beverage items to ensure par levels are kept.
- Engage club members, become familiar with club members’ names, and drinks they usually order.
- Keep the bar clean at all times. Follow opening and closing procedures as well as daily and weekly scheduled cleaning tasks according to posted schedules.
- Keep glassware properly cleaned, sanitized, polished, and stocked at all times.
- Be proficient and work towards mastering the computer point-of-sales system.
- Make drinks quickly, neatly, and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive, friendly attitude towards guests, fellow employees, and management at all times.
- Assure correct guest checks and member charges at all times. Get all chits signed and closed out in a timely manner to the correct member number.
- Be flexible in both scheduling and ability to take direction from the Restaurant Manager.
- Provide professional, efficient service to bar patrons and service staff alike. Maintain focus on always providing a high level of customer service.
- Work cooperatively with other restaurant and bar staff at all times – no one is “the boss of” anyone else. Only Supervisors and managers should be giving directives and critiques/criticisms.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complete any other projects or tasks as directed in a timely manner without any discourse.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club, which are constantly evolving.
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values & Employee Motto.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of one-year successful bartending experience in an upscale environment or equivalent experience required. Current employees with one year server, barback or some bartending experience will be considered. Must be familiar with state beverage service laws and be certified in ServSafe for Alcohol Service or TiPS.
Skills: Excellent bartending skills and techniques and knowledge of a variety of mixed drinks is required. Computer literacy and fundamental computer point-of-sales skills are needed for this position. Excellent people skills, even under stressful, fast paced work situations, are required for this position. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and neatly while focusing on providing customer service are needed in this position. The ability to think on your feet, prioritize customer needs and requests and to do several things simultaneously is required. Professional image and positive, engaging demeanor. Ability to work as part of a team is imperative to this role.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate a touch screen computer running point-of-sales and cash registers. Knowledge of and ability to use draft beer and soda fountain equipment as well as blender, frozen drink machines and other typical bar equipment is essential.
Typical Physical Demands: This position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30 pounds and remain standing for long periods of time. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures.Apply Online Download Application
Essential Job Functions:
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.