Digital Marketing Specialist
Position Description: The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the planning, concepting, writing, execution, and tracking/reporting of digital marketing and communications for Seabrook Island Real Estate and Seabrook Island Club, i.e. eblasts, social media, and website/app content. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Email Marketing Responsibilities
- List management: including organizing, updating, and operating several sometimes-overlapping databases. We use Constant Contact, MailChimp, and Propertybase/Salesforce.
- Compose, edit, program, and send eblast communications from Seabrook Island Club and Seabrook Island Real Estate to their respective audiences.
- Club emails include 1-2 dedicated announcements per week, and a weekly newsletter with 5-10 entries. Also assisting the head golf pro, racquet club director, and club special interest groups with their email communications.
- SIRE emails include weekly eblasts (about new listings, closings, and lifestyle), a monthly real estate update, and as needed eblasts for sales executives. Also setting up drip campaigns.
- Maintain email communications calendars for Club and SIRE that include target audience, message, date, and tracking metrics.
- Provide regular reporting on metrics.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Work with the internal marketing team and agency partners to design and execute social media strategies and campaigns that are on-brand and in budget.
- Enhance and grow our social media presence by regularly suggesting and gathering appropriate content that is relevant and engaging for our target audiences.
- Draft and implement organic social media content across all channels, garnering input and approval from leadership.
- Maintain a social media calendar that includes target audience, message, date, channel, and metrics.
- Provide monthly reporting and recommendations to improve social media efforts.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Appropriately respond to social media comments and messages
- Serve as the main point of contact with our Jonas (now) or Club Essentials (2023) tech support partners to keep the login-restricted Club Member portal and the Seabrook Island Club app up-to-date and functioning properly.
- Make minor updates to website pages and the app as needed.
- Post articles to the blog on the website.
Other Job Functions:
- Distribute press releases.
- Handle content updates with online outlets such as PrivateCommunities.com.
- Basic photo/video editing.
- Assist with any special events, may include weekends.
- Help with restocking collateral around the island.
- Complete any other support projects or tasks as assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer, Real Estate Broker-In-Charge, or Club General Manager.
- Proactively seek continuing education / professional development opportunities.
Education: Degree in marketing, communications, or other related field; or a combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and ability.
Experience: 3+ years of marketing and communications experience using digital media. Previous private club communications and/or real estate marketing experience preferred.
Hard Skills: Social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok). Email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact). Hootsuite and Linktree. WordPress (HTML/CSS skills are a plus). Database management (Propertybase/Salesforce is a plus). Working knowledge of SEO principles, including keyword research and Google Analytics, is a plus. Absolutely critical: excellent writer. Less important but helpful: graphic design, photography, video.
Soft Skills: Organized. Meticulous attention to detail, you do it right the first time. Dedicated. Solid work ethic – someone who cares about doing the best job possible. Professional demeanor and grace under pressure, this is a fast-paced environment. Fun, but serious about the work. Resourceful and eager to put in the time and effort to learn and improve. Team player who is here to help.
Equipment/ Programs to Be Used:
(If you have proficiency in some but not all, training is possible for the right candidate.) Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress/HTML, Jonas/Clubhouse, Club Essentials, Propertybase/Salesforce, Hootsuite, Linktree, Monday.com. Also MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machinery. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to function professionally in an environment that can be fast-paced and mentally stressful and challenging.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.