Event Set Up Assistant Manager
Seabrook Island Club is looking for someone who is energetic, organized and focused on elevated customer service to help our members and guests celebrate their special moments. This full time position will make $50,000 per year, receive four weeks of paid time off per year, health, dental and vision insurance, and much more.
Position Description: Supervises and controls all aspects of banquet and event set up. Under the direct supervision of the Banquet Manager. This position is responsible for the consistent delivery of elevated member and guest events.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees setup banquet and special event functions.
· Preparation of the area or room in its entirety for a function or event, prior to guest arrival.
· Adjusts sound, light and temperature 10 keep appropriate atmosphere.
· Attends weekly staff meetings and other related meetings.
· Maintains a safe working environment for yourself and co-workers.
· Ensures that all event set ups adhering to the standards set out by the Seabrook Island Club, and noting any special requests & instructions set out on the Banquet Event Order for the event.
· Ensures that communication is constantly maintained between
· Ensures that all relevant & applicable paperwork is filled out correctly and copies distributed as required.
· Ensures that staff members return all equipment to the storage areas and that the room/area is left clean and tidy. Unconsumed sodas, bottled water, liquor, beer & wines should be returned to the correct storage areas. Coolers and banquet supplies/equipment must be cleaned at the conclusion of each event.
· Ensures storage areas are kept clean, neat, and organized at all times.
· Assigns duties to banquet staff and supports banquet team assigned to that specific event or function.
· Keeps an accurate and detailed record of all banquet supplies, china, glass, silverware, etc. Submits order requests to Banquet Manager to reflect budget and par level supply needs.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.
· Assists other Food & Beverage outlets as needed.
· Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
Experience: Food and Beverage and/or Banquet Operations experience preferred.
Skills: Ability to lift heavy objects in excess of 50 lbs. Valid SC driver’s license and clean driving record as well as confident and safe driving skills for a full-size passenger van. Excellent customer service skills and communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team and excellent communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Attends weekly F&B/BEO meetings. Reports maintenance issues in a timely manner to Banquet Manager. Participates in Staff Line-up sessions for room set-up and breakdown. Trains, coaches and leads set-up staff to perform at SIC operational standards.
Equipment to be used: dollies, carts, audio visual equipment, LCD/computer hook up, staging, sound systems and other equipment as needed.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to walk, stand, bend, push, pull, kneel, and reach as well as a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires the ability to lift excess of 50 pounds and move heavy tables, chairs and other objects. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard food service and meeting equipment. Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Requires the ability to endure extreme outdoor temperatures and the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally stressful and challenging.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.