Executive Sous Chef
Position Description: The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with overall kitchen operations ensuring efficiency, safety, sanitation, organization and planning in every aspect of food production as well as staff cross utilization and training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Supervise kitchen preparation for service of all stations.
- Verify that all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Verify that all sanitation, nutrition, and safety practices are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Supervise the production of all food items.
- Inspect food garnishments, flavor & consistency
- Assist Executive Chef with menu planning, specials, and food purchasing.
- Assist with payroll and staff schedule.
- Assume managerial responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Plan and conduct meetings with employees through daily lineups
- Train new employees.
- Complete employee annual reviews of sous chefs and pastry chef.
- Regularly streamline and update inventory sheets.
- Shop for best prices and quality between purveyors.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff.
- Ensure proper maintenance of kitchens for safe and efficient operations.
- Oversee and enforce daily cleaning checklists as well as assigning downtime cleaning projects on a daily basis.
- Enforce the daily utilization of prep lists-line stations, banquets and general prep.
- Ensure that all products are wrapped, labeled, and dated.
- Maintain department transfer sheets & invoices for their timely recording by accounting.
- Continually work on culinary knowledge and skills through demonstrations, specific products, cookbooks and continuing education classes.
- Participate with open dialog with members and guests visiting our restaurants or banquets. Assists in recording member/guest comments &/or complaints. Assists with daily kitchen manager report as needed.
- Complete any other projects as assigned by the Executive Chef.
Education: Culinary Arts Degree preferred but negotiable depending on previous work history
Experience: Minimum 4 years progressive managerial responsibilities in a high volume club or hotel environment.
Skills: Good management, organizational, and communication skills are required. A working knowledge of computer programs is necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: All kitchen staff.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching and ability to work in extreme temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move heavy objects. Requires ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally stressful and challenging. Working hours may vary according to business levels and some long days may be required.Apply Online Download Application