Position Description: The restaurant expeditor ensures quality and proper presentation of food in a timely
manner; that food orders are prepared and assembled according to recipes and/or order specifications from
guests; and that the line is always stocked, neat, clean and safe
• Ensure the efficient flow of orders from kitchen to wait staff.
• Ensure orders are being prepared with correct priority and to diner specifications.
• Assist in the final preparation and garnishment of dishes.
• Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation, and temperature.
• Ensure communication between front of the house and back of the house during service.
• Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
• Assist all kitchen associates in service and pre-food preparation.
• Assist as to the deposition of leftover food items.
• Check supplies of needed food items and notifies manager of any shortages of items to be
• Adhere to and assists other associates in maintaining proper food safety, sanitation, and accident
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Apply Online Download Application
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Proven experience as an expeditor or other restaurant position. Thorough understanding of
food safety and sanitation.
Skills: Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task in a busy
work environment. Well organized and ability to lead and direct people.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time. Ability to
handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 40
pounds and the ability to work in extreme temperatures during long shifts. The position also requires
repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual
dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment.