Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Position Description: This position is responsible for assistance in the maintenance and repair of all courts, as well as the overall maintenance, repair and aesthetics of the entire Racquet Club facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Island Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Perform all daily court maintenance including opening, mid-day, closing procedures, repair work and resurfacing, check court schedule and water, roll, brush, and line all courts as needed, refresh coolers with ice and water, empty garbage and recycling, general repair and upkeep throughout facility, organize porch/deck furniture.
- Assist the Facility Supervisor with larger maintenance projects for the facility as needed.
- Greet members/guests and relay information about Racquet Club programs as needed.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports or the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
Education: High School diploma. Experience in the tennis/maintenance field preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Skills: Strong work ethic; organizational, communication and customer services skills required. Must be flexible and have good interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office machines. Must be able to operate and drive golf/tennis cart, ball machine, various small court tools and machinery, and handle chemicals and herbicides.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires ability to endure outside climate and conditions on a year round basis, lift up to 80lbs. Long periods of standing, reaching, bending and lifting and a normal range of hearing and vision as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time required. Requires the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally challenging.
Apply Online Download Application