Hospitality Intern- 2023
Welcome to Seabrook Island Club! If you’re looking for growth and development, competitive compensation and benefits, and a fun place to work or grow your career, you’ve come to the right place! Seabrook Island Club is located on beautiful Seabrook Island, just south of historic downtown Charleston. We are always on the lookout for new talent to add to our team. With 2 championship golf courses, 15 tennis courts, two pickleball courts, indoor and outdoor dining venues, banquet and event operations, along with support and administrative positions, there’s something at Seabrook for everyone! We offer a variety of full time, part time, year-round and seasonal employment opportunities.
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting internship at the beach, look no further!
All Seabrook Island Club Employees enjoy:
• Training and opportunities for growth
• Parties, prizes, and team outings
• FREE parking!
• Use of Club Amenities (including golf)
Position Description: Deliver food and beverage service to members and guests in line with established standards of service while learning about the hospitality business through department rotations, shadowing, classes and final presentation.
Essential Job Functions:
• Properly set tables and sidework areas in dining room and kitchen.
• Greet guests at table and assist guests with menu selections.
• Take and serve orders, serving all meals and cocktails in a timely manner.
• Serve all courses of meal following service standards.
• Remove dirty dishes, silverware and unused glassware.
• Give check to guest when meal is completed and ensure proper signature or payment of check by member/guest.
• Complete all opening and closing sidework for each shift and complete weekly cleaning duties as assigned by management.
• Maintain proper flow of service on assigned tables.
• Must be able to work in high volume situations.
• Attend all required staff meetings, intern classes, and assigned rotations.
• Rotate through a minimum of three departments to learn operations and management styles, complete papers on experience, and follow internship guidelines.
• Deliver final case study presentation to management team.
• Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
• Complete any additional tasks as assigned by a server captain, supervisor or manager.
• Promote and adhere to standards set by Seabrook Island Club.
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
Education: Currently enrolled in a hospitality program at an accredited college/university.
Experience: Some restaurant service and/or customer service experience preferred.
Skills: Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and work with others required, approachable and positive personality, proven leadership ability, customer service skills, professional image, strong work ethic and willing to be part of a team required while owning the learning experience by being proactive and taking initiative.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Computer POS systems, coffee machine, iced tea machine, bread warmer, microwave, soup kettles, chafing dishes, any other miscellaneous restaurant equipment. May involve other equipment depending on rotation and requested assignments.
Typical Physical Demands: Ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time. Ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 40 pounds. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision and the ability to work in extreme temperatures during long shifts.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.