Position Description: To greet and seat guests and achieve total member and guest satisfaction in line with established standards of service. Manage reservations in reservation system and be the friendly face greeting each guest as they arrive.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
• Greet members/guests at the door and seat in the appropriate dining room. Provide menus and notify servers of table, while controlling the flow of guests being seated in multiple dining rooms.
• Take reservations in reservation system, adhering to set reservation levels for each day and time. Note birthday, anniversary nights, special requests, VIPs, etc. in reservation system.
• Answer telephone properly, knowing general Club information in order to give proper information and assistance to members and guests.
• Check voicemail messages and return calls in a timely fashion. Also confirm all reservations at least 1 day in advance of the reservation.
• Assist with service as needed, pouring water, coffee or any other service requested by a supervisor or manager.
• Reset tables as needed.
• Keep entire hostess area clean, stocked and organized.
• Complete all opening and closing sidework for each shift and complete weekly cleaning duties as assigned by management.
• Attend all required staff meetings.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Any tasks as assigned by a server captain, supervisor, or manager.
• Must be able to work under high volume situations.
• Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
• Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year of restaurant service experience preferred.
Skills: Good communication skills required, ability to multi-task and work with others required. Natural customer service skills, hard work ethic and willing to be part of a team required. Excellent phone skills and customer interaction required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Computer POS systems, coffee machine, ice tea machine, bread warmer, microwave, soup kettles, chafing dishes, any other miscellaneous restaurant equipment.
Typical Physical Demands: Ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time. Ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 20 pounds. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.