Lead Teaching Professional – $1,000 Hiring Bonus!
$1,000 hiring bonus after 90 days of employment.
Position Description: This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Racquet Sports with the creation and development of racquet sports programs and assisting with day-to-day operations of the Racquet Club.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote the Seabrook Island Club Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- On court instruction of private and group lessons for all ages and levels.
- Create, develop, implement and evaluate the success of tennis and pickleball programs.
- Constantly grow membership participation through expanded social events.
- Create an exciting, fun environment for members and guests.
- Assist with organizing play, lesson schedules, tournaments, and interclub events.
- Create, develop and facilitate interactions between Seabrook Island Racquet Club and other clubs in the Charleston area.
- Greet members and guests and assist the pros with introducing and selling tennis programs, clinics, tournaments and other special events as well as rates and packages.
- Assist with match making system to ensure that members and guests always a positive court experience.
- Troubleshoot problems and manage complaints while informing the Director of Racquet Sports.
- Assist with merchandise displays, inventory levels and receiving merchandise as needed.
- Know current merchandise, assist with hard goods product selection and actively promote sales of merchandise to members and guests.
- Monitor shop supplies, bulletin boards, towels, coffee, Gatorade and other supply usage and inform supervisor of needs. Refresh these items as needed.
- Know rates and current program schedule, sign up members/guests for events, book court reservation sheets, monitor sign ups and program binders.
- Assist with routine court maintenance responsibilities as needed (brush, line, water) and have basic understanding of court watering system.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports.
Education: High School Diploma. College degree preferred.
Experience: Proficient playing and teaching skills required. College playing experience, three years teaching experience required unless WTA/ATP experience. USPTA/USPTR certification preferred. Playing ability of 4.0+ USTA rating required. General knowledge of retail and court maintenance preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office machines. Racquets, balls, teaching equipment, court maintenance equipment including maintenance cart and court watering system.
Typical Physical Demands: Position required to be physically fit as strenuous teaching activity can occur for long periods of time (4 to 8 hours) under extreme conditions (temperatures reaching 100 degrees with high humidity) including walking, running, standing, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting. Court maintenance can include heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail and tennis equipment. Requires the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally challenging.Apply Online Download Application