Position Description: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and buildings. Surveys Club’s facilities for needed repairs, makes the repair or coordinates with other supervisors to do the needed repairs. Documents the problems found, the work, and how resolved. Solicits input from Club staff as to needed repairs in their area.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
• The primary focus of this job it to maintain the Club facilities to the highest level.
• Tour designated facilities checking for proper operation of all equipment.
• Check the work orders daily; insure that all member/guest areas are in good repair and in ready-to-use condition.
• Complete repairs or installations as noted on work orders.
• Constantly assess buildings and equipment for maintenance needs, document, determine next steps, inform the Director of Engineering and follow project until resolved.
• Solicit input from Club and Real Estate staff as to needed repairs in their area.
• Complete any other tasks and projects as designated by the Director of Engineering.
• Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
• Promote and adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in the residential or commercial trade of carpentry or general maintenance. Mechanical, plumbing, electrical or HVAC experience preferred.
Skills: Proficient at trouble-shooting/problem solving a variety of situations through schooling or on the job training. Good oral and written communication skills required. Must maintain a valid SC driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Hand tools, various hand held and stationary power tools, and vehicle.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires ability to work at a 16-foot height, carry up to 50 pounds, lift, push, pull, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to work inside or outside in moderate and extreme temperatures and weather. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.