Position Description: Pastry Chef is responsible for planning, developing and producing the highest-quality pastry, desserts and wedding cakes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Development, planning, production, set up and display of all desserts for banquets and weddings consistent with catering menus as well as custom made menus.
- Development, planning, production, and display of all ala carte dessert items for all restaurants.
- All specialty items such as birthday and anniversary cakes and holiday novelty items (i.e. gingerbread house, Easter chocolates, etc.)
- Preparing, presenting and explaining sample wedding cakes to prospective brides during tastings or other catering meetings.
- Working in conjunction with catering sales department to develop desserts for member social functions, weddings and group banquets
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Chef to provide menu continuity with regard to desserts and how they compliment members’ night salad and entrée selections.
- Assist with inventory.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in other areas of operation (such as pantry, expo, plating, and prep) when needed as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Assist with general cleanliness, organization and upkeep of all kitchen areas.
- Additional duties, projects and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Culinary degree preferred
Experience: Two years of experience in a full service restaurant kitchen, preferably in a resort or club environment, with progressive culinary responsibilities or any combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities in the culinary area.
Skills: Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, excellent baking and specialty cake making skills. Working knowledge and understanding of modern pastry trends and technique.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift up to 30lbs.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.