Description: Pastry Cook is responsible for assisting the Pastry Chef with planning, developing and producing the highest-quality pastry, desserts, and wedding cakes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
Assist in the preparation of desserts and pastries for multiple dining concepts and our larger event space.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Pastry Chef to provide menu continuity with regard to desserts and how they complement members’ night salad and entrée selections.
- Assist the Pastry Chef in all aspects of production and implementation.
- Assist with inventory.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in other areas of operation (such as pantry, expo, plating, and prep) when needed as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Additional duties, projects and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of pastry cook experience in a club, hotel or resort environment.
Skills: Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, excellent baking and specialty cake making skills. Working knowledge and understanding of modern pastry trends and technique.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service equipment and cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift up to 30lbs. Requires ability to function professionally in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.