We are seeking a skilled Pizza Cook to join our team on beautiful Seabrook Island. As a Pizza Cook, you will be responsible for preparing and cooking pizzas to perfection while ensuring that customers receive the best possible service. You will be expected to maintain a clean and organized kitchen, follow food safety guidelines, and work efficiently to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner. This position is primarily outdoors at our pizza oven.
– Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
– Prepare and cook pizzas to perfection according to established recipes and guidelines
– Ensure that all ingredients are fresh and of high quality
– Monitor food stock and place orders as needed
– Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and work area
– Follow all food safety guidelines and regulations
– Work efficiently to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
– Collaborate with team members to ensure that customers receive the best possible service
– Help train new team members as needed
– Proven experience as a Pizza Cook or similar role
– Knowledge of pizza-making techniques and ingredients
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent time-management skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Ability to work well in a team
– Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience in a full service restaurant kitchen, preferably in a resort or club environment, with progressive culinary responsibilities or any combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities in the culinary area.
Skills: Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery. Pizza Oven.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires the ability to handle high stress levels during service hours and the ability to carry trays, boxes and miscellaneous items of up to 50 pounds. This position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to function professional in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.