Racquet Club Assistant Professional
Position Description: This position is responsible for teaching private and group lessons and assisting in the creative development of Tennis and Pickleball programs. The position also assists the Director of Racquet Sports and Head Racquets Professional with all court activities and special events hosted by the Club.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote the Seabrook Island Club Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- On court instruction of private and group lessons for all ages and levels.
- Assist the Director of Racquet Sports with organizing play and lesson schedules with the Pro Shop Manager.
- Assist in coaching, adult programs, and junior programs for tennis and pickleball.
- Assist in developing lesson plans for programs.
- Assess player skill level and progress.
- Assist with introducing and selling tennis programs, clinics, tournaments and other special events as well as rates and packages to promote and increase participation in tennis and pickleball programs.
- Assist with socials events and USTA tournaments hosted by Seabrook Island Racquet Sports.
- Communicate with the Director of Racquet Sports member interest in joining a league team.
- Provide a fun, safe, welcoming and inclusive playing environment for all players.
- Assist the Pro Shop Manager with daily operations including but not limited to covering the front desk and shop hours as needed.
- Assist with routine court maintenance responsibilities as needed.
- Attend department meetings
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: One year of experience as a full time racquets professional. College or ATP/WTA experience. USPTA/PTR and PPR certification. 4.5/5.0 USTA rating. General knowledge of pro shop operations and court maintenance preferred.
Skills: Outgoing, reliable, and knowledgeable in all aspects of tennis and pickleball. Strong communication and leadership skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office machines. Racquets, balls, teaching equipment, court maintenance equipment including hydraulic court rolling machine.
Typical Physical Demands: Position required to be physically fit as strenuous teaching activity can occur for long periods of time (4 to 8 hours) under extreme conditions (temperatures reaching 100 degrees with high humidity) including walking, running, standing, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting. Court maintenance can include heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail and tennis equipment. Requires the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally challenging.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.