Restaurant Reservations Manager
Position Description: To greet and seat guests according to established standards of service. Manage reservations in reservation system and be the friendly face greeting each guest as they arrive.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Greet members/guests at the door and seat in the appropriate dining room. Provide menus and notify servers of table, while controlling the flow of guests being seated in multiple dining rooms.
- Manage guest reservation system including but not limited to: adhering to set reservation levels for each day and time, noting birthdays or anniversaries, coordinating special requests such as dietary needs with restaurant and kitchen managers; confirm all reservations at least 24 hours in advance; log and manage member preferences.
- Answer telephone properly, maintain general knowledge of Club information in order to assist members and guests.
- Check voicemail messages and return calls in a timely fashion. Confirm all reservations at least 1 day in advance of the reservation.
- Inspect dining before each shift to ensure proper appearance and that set up is consistent with reservations.
- Ensure with flow of service throughout shift, assisting with service as needed, pouring water, coffee or any other service noticed or requested by a supervisor or manager; reset tables as needed.
- Keep entire hostess area clean, stocked and organized.
- Train new hosts and hostesses.
- Complete all opening and closing sidework for each shift and complete weekly cleaning duties as assigned by management.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Complete any tasks as assigned by a supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to work under high volume situations.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Experience: 1 year of restaurant service or related experience preferred.
Skills: Strong communication skills required, ability to multi-task and work well with others required. Natural customer service skills, hard work ethic and willing to be part of team required. Excellent phone skills and customer interaction required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hosts/Hostesses during shift
Equipment to be used: Computer POS systems, multi-line phone, coffee machine, ice tea machine, bread warmer, microwave, soup kettles, chafing dishes, any other miscellaneous restaurant equipment.
Typical Physical Demands: Ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time. Ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 20 pounds. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision.Apply Online Download Application