Seabrook Shoppe Sales Associates are responsible for welcoming members and guests into the shop, assisting them with shopping and purchasing needs as well as answering questions about The Club and the island.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Accurately ring all types of sales on the POS system. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment politely assisting several customers at a time.
- Process and display inventory, update inventory maintenance and inventory transaction screens.
- Assist in conducting monthly inventory counts and spot-checking inventory throughout the month.
- In the absence of the Manager, bring to manager’s attention, or order miscellaneous product items, i.e., soda, beer, wine, candy, ice cream, cigarettes, sundries. Update inventory transactions screen, and process product accordingly.
- Be knowledgeable of End of Day reports and be responsible for ensuring accuracy of all items, i.e. reconcile cash, credit and member charges.
- Clean and organize the store and re-stock the shelves daily.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Promote and adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
- Complete any others tasks assigned by the Merchandising Manager
Skills: Customer service, organizational and communication skills. Knowledge of computer software that pertains to cash register and inventory maintenance preferred. Must be able to do sales by hand if computer system fails.
Education: High School Education
Experience: Experience in retail sales and/or customer service preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment To Be Used: Point of sale system and other business software applications such as: Word, Internet, Publisher, and spreadsheet programs. Coolers, computers, and various other equipment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift soda and water cases, also heavy bins containing stored clothing (up to 30 lbs), must be able to stand for long periods of time. Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machinery. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.Apply Online Download Application