Sous Chef – $1,500 Hiring Bonus!
*Hiring bonus received after 90 days of employment*
Position Description: Functions with other Sous Chefs as second in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production. Ensures that all food production workers are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality standards established by the Executive Chef. Sous Chef assumes all duties of the Executive Chef in the Executive Chef’s and/or Executive Sous Chef’s absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Supervises kitchen preparation for service of all stations.
- Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Verifies that all sanitation, nutrition, and safety practices are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Supervises the production of all food items.
- Inspects food garnishments, flavor & consistency
- Assists Executive Chef with menu planning, specials, and food purchasing.
- Assumes managerial responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef
- Plans and conducts meetings with employees-daily lineups
- Trains new employees.
- Completes employee annual reviews as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all staff.
- Ensures proper maintenance of kitchens for safe and efficient operations.
- Produces and enforces daily cleaning checklists as well as assigning downtime cleaning projects on a daily basis.
- Enforces the daily utilization of prep lists-line stations, banquets and general prep.
- Ensures that all products are wrapped, labeled, and dated.
- Maintains department transfer sheets & invoices for their timely recording by accounting.
- Continually works on culinary knowledge and skills through demonstrations, specific products, cookbooks and continuing education classes.
- Participates with open dialog with members and guests visiting our restaurants or banquets. Assists in recording member/guest comments &/or complaints. Assists with daily kitchen manager report as needed.
- Completes any other projects as assigned by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
Education: Culinary Arts Degree preferred but negotiable depending on previous work history
Experience: Minimum 4 years progressive managerial responsibilities in a high volume club or hotel environment.
Skills: Good leadership, management, organizational, and communication skills are required. A working knowledge of computer programs is necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: All kitchen staff.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching and ability to work in extreme temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move heavy objects. Requires ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally stressful and challenging. Working hours may vary according to business levels and some long days may be required.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's only Truly Private Ocean Front Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only.
The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.