Position Description: Responsible for ensuring proper pace of daily play on the golf course. Assist golf cart attendants when necessary to meet superior service standards expected by our members, guests and club goals. Must be able to communicate to customers in a mature and friendly manner as to maintain golf policies and customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret tee sheet and record all play to accurately account for the number of golfers on a daily basis.
- Escort golfers to their designated tee and provide them with orientation information (cart rules, pin locations, special circumstances) and proper etiquette as determined by the golf operation.
- Inform players of our pace of play expectations and policy and implement it as necessary to maintain proper pace. Record pace of play problems.
- Enforce proper dress code in a courteous manner.
- Do a general daily inspection of course restrooms, refill sand bottle containers located on course, and report any maintenance problems.
- Remove broken tees and fill divots on tee boxes
- Assist with the management of the practice facilities by helping keep balls picked and range stands rotated. Help with clearing the range for scheduled maintenance. Dispense range balls when necessary.
- Assists with tournament play: rule sheets, proximity markers, golf course signage.
- Assists with other duties as needed and as directed by the management of the Golf Shop and the Outside Services Manager.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Promote the Seabrook Island Club’s mission to be a superior private club and promote and adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Engaged in the sport of golf for at least 3 years.
Skills: Excellent knowledge of the sport of golf. Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Golf Carts, small tools and other equipment pertinent to a golf operation.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to sit, stand or walk for extended
periods of time, the ability to endure extreme outdoor temperatures, and the ability to lift up to
50lbs.Apply Online Download Application