Position Description: This position is responsible for coordinating, developing and teaching tennis lessons and clinics for multiple age groups and skill levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote the Seabrook Island Club Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- On court instruction of private and group lessons for all ages and levels.
- Assist the Director of Racquet Sports with organizing play and lesson schedules with the Pro Shop Manager.
- Administer drills and games to make the instruction time fun as well as advancing tennis knowledge, skill, and technique.
- Maintain an organized lesson schedule.
- Ensure students are enjoying the lessons and the lessons are adapted based on the needs of the student with the goal that they will continue developing and enjoying the game of tennis.
- Know current merchandise and actively promote sales of merchandise to members and guests.
- Assist with routine court maintenance responsibilities as needed (brush, line, water) and have basic understanding of court watering system.
- Assist the Pro Shop Manager with daily operations including but not limited to covering front desk and shop hours as needed.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports.
Education: High School Diploma.
Experience: Three years of college level and/or professional playing experience required. USPTA or PTR coaching certification recommended unless ATP/WTA playing experience. Proficient playing and teaching skills required. General knowledge of retail and court maintenance preferred.
Skills: Strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills required. Must be proficient at the game as a former player. Must be flexible and have exceptional interpersonal skills. USTA rating 4.5 or higher.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office machines. Racquets, balls, teaching equipment, court maintenance equipment including hydraulic court rolling machine.
Typical Physical Demands: Position required to be physically fit as strenuous teaching activity can occur for long periods of time (4 to 8 hours) under extreme conditions (temperatures reaching 100 degrees with high humidity) including walking, running, standing, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting. Court maintenance can include heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail and tennis equipment. Requires the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally challenging.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.