Training Manager & H2B Coordinator
Position Description: Provides support to the Human Resources department focusing on training, successfully integrating new hires into their home department as well as coordination and supervision of all international visa work programs. This position promotes a positive image of the organization through establishing relationships with each department, managers, and trainees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources to conduct training (both organization-wide and department specific) sessions that are consistent with Club mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Works with Hiring Manager to create a seamless onboarding experience from new hire orientation to department orientation and position training.
- Conducts standards training certification.
- Conducts training sessions such as customer service training, safety training, and department specific sessions.
- Stays current with training trends and keeps the Club relevant in the industry.
- Serves as designated point person and contact for the international visa work programs focusing on recruitment, government regulations, and building rapport with participants, winter host companies, recruiting agencies and legal counsel.
- Travels for international recruiting as needed.
- Regularly meets and interacts with department heads and managers as well as observes service in individual departments to see what new training or training refreshers might be needed.
- Learns all aspects of positions needed for development of productive training programs.
- Assists the Director of Human Resource with the all employee meetings and parties.
- Assists Hiring Manager with new hire orientation and job fairs as needed.
- Promotes a positive reputation of the Human Resources department through regular contact with all new employees on a regular basis, positive interaction and meeting the staffing needs of management.
- Completes any other tasks assigned by the Director of Human Resources or General Manager.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or any
combination of education and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. PHR
or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Experience: Three years of related experience.
Skills: Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills,
proficient computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and presentation software required. Experience with Human Resources systems preferred; customer service skills, ability to meet deadlines and provide effective leadership required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Routine office machinery and software, use of company van.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require some lifting of up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machinery. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to function professionally in a challenging and stressful environment. May require travel.
Must maintain a valid passport.Apply Online Download Application
Seabrook Island is Charleston's only Truly Private Ocean Front Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only.
The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.