Featured Property Friday: A Renovated Residence with a Contemporary Flair
Three words that come to mind once stepping foot inside 3143 Seabrook Island Road: serene, peaceful and contemporary. Wait, what? Homes with a contemporary flair aren’t easy to come by on Seabrook Island; one is more apt to find a cozy beach cottage or a single-level family home with a coastal flair. But this, dare I say, idyllic home tucked on Seabrook Island Road could certainly fit in just as easily on Seabrook as it would on a lake in the Midwest.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the Beach Club and the constant activity of the Lake House, 3143 is set on a high dune and against an ever-changing backdrop of the tidal marsh. From deer and bobcats to herons and bald eagles, Seabrook is home to some of the most unique and stunning wildlife in the Lowcountry. (#SeabrookIslandWildlife exists on social media for a reason.) The views out the kitchen, living room and screened porch are perfect for both a morning cup of coffee or an evening dinner party. Plus the porch’s grand square footage and proximity to the kitchen screams “ENTERTAIN HERE.”
In addition to its supreme location, 3143 was also recently renovated, top to bottom, by Tom Martin & Sons. A complete overhaul! If it were up to me, I would spend all day, every day on the screened porch. But if the #porchlife isn’t always for you, the kitchen is a chef’s dream with new tile floors, new stainless steel appliances including a gas cooktop, double ovens, plenty of counter space and a charming breakfast nook. Bon appétit!
It also leads into the home’s most impressive space: the great room. With it’s vaulted ceilings with cypress trim, rich hardwoods and brick fireplace with floor-to-ceiling wood details, this spacious living/dining space hints at a cozy North Woods charm.
And don’t even get me started on the master suite. That walk-in shower alone is to die for. While the 2 additional guest rooms and spacious laundry room are practical, the upstairs loft space (perfect for an at-home office!) is a surprise, and the extra spacious storage is a bonus. Additional improvements include:
1. New tile floors in entrance, laundry room, bathrooms and the side room off the kitchen + new hardwood floors in master bedroom. All hardwood floors throughout were professionally sanded and stained.
2. Professionally installed foam insulation in all attics; all walls and ceiling professionally prepped and painted.
3. New roof on house and garage and outside chimney repair.
4. New HVAC and 250 gallon propane tank (installed underground in front of garage with lines installed to house.)
5. All new wooden decking, wooden trim and wooden railing on decks.
6. New sidewalk with metal hand railing, landscaping lights and concrete steps.
7. Fully remodeled kitchen, all bathrooms, laundry room and closets in the bedrooms.
8. New appliances include dishwasher, sink, oven, gas stove, washer/dryer and refrigerator.
9. New interior doors, cabinets, ceiling lights and ceiling fans and window blinds throughout.
So, I urge you, tomorrow when you brew your morning cup of coffee, picture yourself here instead:
3143 SEABROOK ISLAND ROAD BY THE NUMBERS:
2,398 square feet
3 bedrooms • 2.5 baths
Built in 1981
Listed at $749,000
*Listed by Seabrook Island Real Estate Sales Executive Stuart Spisak
843.768.7789 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Seabrook Island is Charleston's only Truly Private Ocean Front Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only.
The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.