Position Description: Responsible for all aspects of daily care of horse and maintaining the stable premises. Performs some monetary transactions in payment of services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
• Provides all aspects of horse care such as feeding, turnout, and grooming.
• Maintains trails and pastures and horse stall areas.
• Prepares horses for rides.
• May Drive truck and horse trailer to beach and horse shows.
• May take out trail rides.
• May run errands as deemed necessary.
• Completes all other duties as assigned by equestrian management.
• Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
• Promote and adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Proficient riding ability and knowledge of horse care in either a work or personal care environment.
Skills: Good communication, customer service and basic math skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Vehicle, routine equine tools and equipment, and routine office equipment.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, jumping and running. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move heavy saddles and other objects. Requires ability to endure extreme weather and outdoor temperature conditions for long periods of time.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.