All About Tennis on Seabrook Island
Among our luxury golf courses, newly renovated equestrian center, and expansive fitness center, Seabrook Island also has a robust tennis program that has coached a number of award-winning athletes and continues to train those of the future. If you live on Seabrook and haven’t taken advantage of our professionally maintained clay courts and tennis Pro Shop, allow us to expand upon a few reasons that make tennis on Seabrook Island the best place to play for enthusiasts of all levels.
The Racquet Club Basics
Our 15 clay courts are available for practice year-round and our racquet club offers the ideal mix of amenities for both players and viewers of the sport.
- Full-service Pro Shop: Our tennis shop offers apparel, equipment, and accessories for men, women, and children. Some of our newer arrivals include clothing from Southern Tide, travel accessories from Spartina, and options to upgrade your purchases with custom embroidery.
- On-site facilities: After an intense game, take advantage of our on-site shower facilities and racquet stringing service.
- Individual and group instruction: We offer opportunities for individual and group tennis instruction year-round.
- Useful amenities: If you don’t have a partner for the day, contact one of our pros to get set up with our computerized ball machine. Don’t have a racquet? Rent or demo one from our Pro Shop.
For Viewers and Players:
Refresh yourself with some cool water available in the bay of each court, relax under our shaded canopies, and mingle with other tennis players after a game in our lounge.
If you’re a guest of a tennis player or are viewing only, do so in style on one of our large porches with an excellent view of the courts.
Tennis Programs on Seabrook Island
Our Racquet Club offers tennis camps all year long for players of all levels. We specialize in customizing camps for groups and USTA teams with four or more players, and we can arrange private lessons or custom clinics through our Pro Shop.
- Ladies 3.5 Doubles Team Strategy
- Ground Stroke Clinic
- 3.0/3.5 Live Ball Clinic
- 3.5+ Men’s and Women’s Double Workout
- Serve & Return Clinic
- 3.5/4.0 Live Ball Clinic
- Round Robin Mixed Doubles
- Rising Stars (ages 5-7): Morning tennis camp that focuses on building hand-eye coordination and footwork skills.
- Futures (ages 8-12): Uses the USTA-endorsed quick-start format for age-appropriate instruction. This junior camp instructs participants on tennis fundamentals, hand-eye coordination, and footwork through gameplay and fun instructional activities.
- High Performance (ages 13-17): Tennis program designed for high school and tournament players. Focuses on dead ball and live ball drills, point play, match play, and fitness.
If you or someone you know is interested in one of our tennis camps or private lessons with our tennis pros, contact the tennis Pro Shop by calling (843) 768-7543 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seabrook Island is Charleston's Truly Private Oceanfront Community. Membership in the Seabrook Island Club is required for ownership. Amenity use is for Members and their Guests Only. The Lakehouse is for use by Property Owners and their Guests as well.